#14 Legal Strategies for Freelancers and Entrepreneurs –with Elizabeth Weinstein
Today, I’m chatting with Elizabeth Potts Weinstein.
Elizabeth is the founder and lead attorney for EPW Small Business Law PC in San Jose, California. She helps entrepreneurs, small business owners, artists, online publishers, coaches, and consultants get the legal complexities out of their way, so they can get back to helping their clients and changing the world.
Elizabeth has built a business that fits her lifestyle and she offers the same flexibility to her two employees, who frequently work from different continents. The EPW team writes a blog on legal, small business, and lifestyle themes, and Elizabeth hosts a Facebook Live video show on small business law topics such as avoiding mistakes with your LLC.
Elizabeth has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Inc.com, Entrepreneur.com, Chicago Tribune, Reader’s Digest, as well as many radio shows and podcasts. She’s licensed to practice law in California and before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office,
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL DISCOVER:
- What freelancers and remote business owners REALLY need legally before they get started working with clients
- What is a trademark exactly, and when you might need one
- Where to start researching your brand, logo, and tag lines to avoid trademark infringement
- The biggest legal mistake freelancers and small businesses make
- The one document that will take care of 90% of your business headaches
- How to get documents legally signed over email
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Elizabeth’s website: ElizabethPW.com